[squeak-dev] 64bit or 32bit VM

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 01:53:54 UTC 2008

I was building the latest svn VM, out of the box, on a Linux 64bit
machine, and while it made, it doesn't work when calling plugins (it
segfaults). Could this because I built it, by default, on 64bit? If
so, is there a way to set the compile to 32bit? I didn't see a setting
for 32bit wide in.configure. Perhaps it's a --build=BUILD option?

While I'm on the subject, I thought maybe I'd try the 64bit VM. What's
the difference between the source at:
http://squeakvm.org/squeak64/dist3/
and the svn at:
http://www.squeakvm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi

The tar files at squeak64 list them as v3.8
(Squeak32-3.8a-2.ia64-linux-gnu.tar.gz  ) but the svn lists revision
1929.(on older revision note says "3.9-4"

thanks!
brad

--
Brad Fuller