[squeak-dev] [ANN] Monticello 1.5 bugs fixed

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sun Nov 9 19:06:26 UTC 2008

On 9-Nov-08, at 7:47 AM, Jason Johnson wrote:

> How close is MC 2?

MC2 is here. The current release is 2.0.29. Download it from:

http://www.wiresong.ca/static/releases/Monticello-current.zip

Now, MC2 is still fairly early in it's adoption curve. Early adopters
are using it for production work, but we're still finding bugs and
usability issues on a regular basis. On the other hand, it's faster
than MC1.x and has some new features. It's certainly not ready for
mass adoption by all users of MC1.0 and 1.5.

I expect we'll see a gradual maturing of MC2 over the next couple of
years and a corresponding growth in the user base, just as we did for
MC1.0.  There isn't really a moment when we can say that MC2 is
"done," it's more a question of whether the feature set, performance,
stability, documentation and support community meet your needs.

Colin