[squeak-dev] ANN Rio now supports ftp

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 11 22:25:31 UTC 2008

Now that the architecture for Rio is complete. Its time for a vote!

Current usage....

'someDir/someFile' asRio   -> instance of Rio.
'someDir/newDir' asRio mkdir -> instance of Rio.
'someDir/file.zip' asRio zip -> instance of RioArchive.

Could change to usage.....

'someDir/someFile' asFile.  -> instance of File.

'someDir/newDir' asDirectory -> instance of Directory.

'someDir/file.zip' asFile zip -> instance of FileArchive.

I like the original #asRio, and I wonder if there are any other
smalltalks which already use #asFile and #asDirectory, and classes File
and Directory. Nevertheless I can see why people would prefer the latter.

votes?

Keith