[squeak-dev] Socket - reading UDP only from a specified interface

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Wed Nov 12 18:32:43 UTC 2008

Chris Muller wrote:
> Hi all!  Does anyone know how #receiveUDPDataInto: decides which
> network interface to read from?
>
> I want to read UDP data only from a particular interface, the only
> reference to this subject I could find:

I don't have an squeak here with me right now, but when you
want to do that on any other language, you need to bind() the
UDP socket to a specific local IP address. That binds the UDP
to just that interface: you'll only get packets from it, and other
applications should be able to bind to the same UDP port on
other interfaces

    richie.