[squeak-dev] ANN Rio now supports ftp

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Wed Nov 12 20:49:59 UTC 2008

Keith Hodges wrote:
> Claus Kick wrote:
>> Keith Hodges wrote:
>>
>>> I like the original #asRio, and I wonder if there are any other
>>> smalltalks which already use #asFile and #asDirectory, and classes File
>>> and Directory. Nevertheless I can see why people would prefer the
>>> latter.
>> Visual Smalltalk uses both Directory and File.
>>
> Now there's a shame
>> VW seems to treat Files and Directories like Java does.
> which is ?

Keith, you can look at Sport package and its SpFilename which is, well,
almost complete copy of VW's Filename, yet much simpler than current
Squeak offerings. SpFilename deals with both files and directories.

SpFilename is not perfect, but from seeing most of Smalltalks and their
file handling it is IMHO still the best.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek