[squeak-dev] Best way to debug Windows plugin issues

Wed Nov 12 23:39:36 UTC 2008

Hi!

I'm trying to release Sophie 1.0.4 but have run into a fun issue on
Windows.

I am using Danil's CurlPlugin which works fine until I install
QuickTime for Windows 7.5.5.  As soon as I do that, the plugin fails
to load.  I am not sure why.

John says printLastError is called, but I don't know how to get the
results of that in Windows (ie the windows equivalent of a console log
on OS X)

I don't have any compilers on windows, so I would not even know where
to begin to try and build the plugin.  The plugin ships with the
following DLLs in the zip file:

libeay32.dll
libssl32.dll
libcurl-3.dll
CurlPlugin.dll

Any tips from you windows using pros out there?

thank you!

Steve