[squeak-dev] Functional keys and squeak

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 23:16:02 UTC 2008

On my win desktop, a functional keys (F1 - F12) generating a key codes
'p' F2 'r' 's' 't' ... 'x' 'y' 'z' '{'
which i can see when turning events with:
HandMorph showEvents: true

all of them seem ignored by image somewhere in EventSensor, except F2
which pops up the VM Preferences menu (but this completely handled by
windows VM).

I wonder is there's any way to use/handle these keys in squeak in
platform transparent way?
Since squeak originally came from macs, image expects key codes in
'mac' format. But i have no idea how things working on macs.

In old ages not all keyboards has functional keys , some of them has 5
to 10 functional keys.
But now, i think it is standard to all keyboards to come with at least
10 functional keys.
And macs is not exception
http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/07/imac-slim-keyboard-1.jpg
:)

So, my question is, is squeak images aware of existance of functional keys?
And second, if yes, then what correct key codes VM should generate to
make image feel happy ?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.