[squeak-dev] Sparkle automatic update framework for Squeak OS-X

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Nov 19 07:15:43 UTC 2008

With some funding help from Impara I built a plugin to enable the use
of Sparkle to receive update information about the macintosh carbon VM.
This lets you auto-update your Squeak based application by pushing
update notifications via rss to users.
Numerous one-click squeak based apps come to mind...

Based on feedback and experience reports at some point I will consider
if this should be part of the mainstream Squeak Carbon VM.

http://www.squeaksource.com/Sparkle.html

Which contains the plugin source, the class based interface, and of
course SUnits.

A 1.0.0 plugin can be found via the usual places in the experimental
directory as
SparklePlugin.1.0.0.bundle.zip

http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html

--