[squeak-dev] Re: broken releases (was: [BUG]UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #emphasis:)

Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc. woods at planix.ca
Wed Nov 19 21:37:03 UTC 2008

On 19-Nov-2008, at 3:31 PM, Ken Causey wrote:

> This method of reporting bugs was deprecated years and years ago,
> please
> use our bugs database, http://bugs.squeak.org/ , for 'official'
> reports.
> That being said it's not a bad idea to ask for sanity checks on the
> mailing list first and I will consider this email to be that.

Well when the standard menu option to submit a bug report does what it
does then that's what I would consider the "official" way to do things.

BTW, any bug reporting system that doesn't have a proper true e-mail
interface is unusable, at least by me.  If there's an e-mail alias
that imports standard reports into the bug database then please let me
know what it is (and where the tools are to format the standard
reports).

> Whisker has not been updated for quite a while, it's not too
> surprising
> that you have found a problem with it.

I don't understand why broken and/or untested things are in the
official Package Universe list.

> My understanding of the Package Universe was that it was meant to only
> include packages known to work.

I would hope so too.

--
					Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc.