[squeak-dev] Re: broken releases (was: [BUG]UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #emphasis:)

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Nov 20 10:21:27 UTC 2008

El 11/19/08 6:37 PM, "Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc." <woods at planix.ca>
escribió:

> BTW, any bug reporting system that doesn't have a proper true e-mail
> interface is unusable, at least by me.  If there's an e-mail alias
> that imports standard reports into the bug database then please let me
> know what it is (and where the tools are to format the standard
> reports).

>> Mantis
>> -------------------
>>
>>  From now on, bug reports and improvements are best reported by filling
>> in a Mantis report at http://bugs.squeak.org. Instructions are available
>> at http://bugs.squeak.org/proj_doc_page.php .

This is on the http://ftp.squeak.org/3.10/README, should be on
WelcomeWindow.
If not, I apologize.
Yes , tons of rot is still on the image.
IMHO we should re-write 25% of the code for having a decent system.
But all have a different vision of Squeak and we fail in have a Release Team
with a unified view.

> I don't understand why broken and/or untested things are in the
> official Package Universe list.

Package Universe try to help newbies on load things suited to the version
(3.10 in this case).
But the many times discussed "czar of packages" was no elected and nobody
rules or control.
In Ralph times, we discuss about a automatic server and to made a "shame
page" on wiki with Lint results of all packages in Universes.
When we was in charge, maintain contact with some people and in all cases
they improve his packages, but Ralph go and me was forced to my own fork
SqueakLightII.

So many need improve.
You wish help ?

Edgar