[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] Event history question

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Nov 20 18:58:01 UTC 2008

Hi John -

The reasoning sounds about right but you have to be *very* careful when
making changes to that logic. As a simple example, fetchMoreEvents is
not only called from the event tickler and consequently the interrupt
handler might be forked at the priority of some random process using
"Sensor anyButtonPressed" ;-) If I remember correctly, there were
several other gotchas in this area (I tried changing some of this stuff
in Croquet once) and since this is a place where screwing up will make a
lot of people *very* unhappy I would advise extreme caution when making
these changes.

Cheers,
   - Andreas