[squeak-dev] what is holding back Smalltalk?

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Fri Nov 21 01:39:02 UTC 2008

Let me just say that "scripty" doesn't have to be antithetical to
Smalltalk.

If I had a Smalltalk Apache module that I could plug in to handle various
requests, and still log in to as a live image? That'd be better than any
scripting language.

The modularity point is a good one along the same lines: I love the image,
I just want it not to be isolated.

As for GPL-tainted stuff, that shouldn't affect someone who's just =using=
the product, right? (I'm not but I've been thinking about it.) Unless one
digs into the source code, one should be fine, yes?