[squeak-dev] smalltalk and Web stuff

Friedrich frido at q-software-solutions.de
Sun Nov 23 07:28:18 UTC 2008

well I know this is way to  general. But I'd like nevertheless get
some pointers. AFAIKG is Seaside the "first" Web framework for
Smalltalk, I've just downloaded AIDA/Web and am playing around it a
bit.

But let me as this  question nevertheless. What alternatives are there
for a "pure" Smalltalk Web presence? Currently my systems are  mixture
of Apache for static stuff and some other  web servers to which Apache
proxies (please bear with  me that it's Ruby based ;-).

Now I'd like to have the following things:

1) normal  pages
2) forum software
3) bug software
4) shop pages
5) a wiki and blog would be nice
6) support for RCS systems

I know that the later may be quite  weak for Smalltalks, but well the
world does not always talk Smalltalk ;-

Any hints and impressions and expressions would be very welcome

With best regards
Friedrich