[squeak-dev] mac carbon VM Squeak 3.8.20beta1U.app ships for testing.

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Nov 26 07:37:33 UTC 2008

I've stuck a Squeak 3.8.20beta1U.app.zip file in my EXPERIMENTAL
folder found via

http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html

This test VM contains the latest 32/64 bit integer fetch/set logic &
fixes, Alien support and the Alien (IA32ABI) plugin,
along with misc fixes to the VM consolidated by Tim and integrated
into VMMaker by David  T. Lewis in the last few months.

If you want to explore Alien then you need this VM and it's plugin to
continue.

Hint if someone would like to run some benchmarks and compare Alien
versus FFI calls that would be good.

I note the Alien plugin is macintel only, no powerpc at this time (got
funding?)
--
=
=