[squeak-dev] Kay's Little Blue Book, or, Let's Just Do It! (was Re: The Gospel of Alan)

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Wed Nov 26 22:09:50 UTC 2008

Tony Garnock-Jones wrote:
> Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> > Just a meta remark - I find it highly amusing how people dissect the
> > Gospel of Alan, even interpreting it literally. He must get quite a
> > chuckle from that ;)
>
> Well I hope so! :-)

Given how happy he said he was to not have any disciples, he might be
less than amused to find out otherwise ;-)

Going to the other extreme, where everyone's opinion is equally valid,
leads to situations like a guy explaining to me on comp.lang.lisp that
multiple dispatch is the most important feature of OOP and so CLOS and
C++ are true OO languages but Smalltalk is not.

>http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/browse_thread/thread/b2aa1842ccb7d7c/134456502780e63f?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=jecel#134456502780e63f

-- Jecel