[squeak-dev] Q: Value of just the period, in method body resp. block body

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 14:40:35 UTC 2008

2008/11/27 Klaus D. Witzel <klaus.witzel at cobss.com>:
> Quick, what does this method return:
>
> MyClass>>myMethod.
>
> and what does this method's block return:
>
> MyClass>>myBlock
>
>  ^[.]value
>
> I'm writing compiler tests for CorruptVM/Moebius (tests that can then also
> be used with Squeak's compiler and NewCompiler) and want to include these
> two cases as well.

mmm.. i think this test case is not qualifying anything.
i'd rather test following:

^ [42] value
vs
^ [42 . ] value

A period is designating an end of expression , right?
For me its more interesting, why in ["empty"] blocks returns nil, but
[ 42. "empty" ] block returns 42.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.