[squeak-dev] How do I install Squeak on Fedora? Aspire One netbook

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 14:40:28 UTC 2008

On Saturday 29 Nov 2008 3:39:36 pm hh2 at lexdb.net wrote:
> Hello
>
> I would like to install Squeak on Fedora, in particular  on an Aspire One
> netbook, which uses Linpus which is based on Fedora.
> http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=linpus
I prefer carrying Squeak on a USB memory chip. You could install the
Squeakland version [1] at the top level (say etoys/) and add a launcher file
to kick off etoys/etoy.sh. Of course, you have to ensure that the chip is
mounted with execute permission. Otherwise, you could copy the files into
$HOME/etoys.

[1] http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/etoys/2008-May/002309.html

Subbu