[squeak-dev] squeak.org content (Was Re: Squeak website now runs on Aida/Scribo)

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Thu Oct 2 16:35:57 UTC 2008

Hi Torsten,

Torsten Bergmann wrote:

>> Now, how about finding web-designer to make squeak face more beatiful?
>
> Yes, but we should also look at the CONTENT. Currently from the screenshot
> section the first two screenshots gives the impression that Squeak is only
> useful to build Czech applications and playing old morphic games  ;)
>
> When I visit a website I typically use the screenshot section to see how
> the program looks and what people are able to do with it. We also have videos
> these days, so a screencast/video section might pe appropriate.
>
> Squeak is driving lots of applications, frameworks, research and cool things
> these days. Here is a collection of screenshots/new content I would like to see
> added to the web page:
>
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5715
>
> It's a mix of all things Squeak. Anyone from the web team able to integrate some of this?

I haven't been aware of that nice page of screenshots and I agree it is
a time to refresh official website and your collection is a way to go.
Do you have some more concrete proposal?

I would start with screenshots of nice work by Gary Chambers on Flickr
which is going to be included in Squeak distro sooner or later, so,
which one to choose as a first on Screenshots page?

What more to add? One EToys, one Crocket, OLPC, ...

I would introduce sections, with one or two screenshots then a ling to
the section subpage with more. Sections can be named as in projects:
Development, Education, 3D worlds, Web, etc

JAnko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web