[squeak-dev] re: About classVariables

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Mon Oct 13 15:46:00 UTC 2008

      Martin Beck writes:

 > TheRoot classPool = TheRoot class classPool
 >
 > evaluates to true...

      I'd say that's a bug (as is Behavior>>classVarNames answering an
empty Set), because the class variables for (TheRoot class) should be
those defined by Metaclass, if we're going to be consistent (the
behavior of the system would end up being the same, since the class pool
for Metaclass is empty). I also notice that Metaclass>>classPool was
added after Squeak 3.2.

      Paolo Bonzini writes:

 > Indeed, I would have expected classVarNames to be just "self classPool
 > keys" or "self classPool keys inject: '' into: ' [:a :b | a,b,' ']".

      For the reason above, I'd say that's wrong also.

      But again, I'm wondering what real difficulty is caused by this.

-C

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist