[squeak-dev] People.squeakfoundation.org still useful?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Oct 14 20:22:12 UTC 2008

No I don't think so.  The webteam is busy enough with www.squeak.org.
Also SqP is not implemented in Squeak at all.  SqP is the responsibility
of the box-admins team and we don't have any real need to turn it over
to someone else.

It's simply the case that if it is going to be maintained then at the
very least it is going to have to be moved, and this is frankly
something of a PITA since it is an old mod_virgule/Apache1.x
application.  It can be done certainly, but frankly I don't care to
spend the time doing it if no one cares.

The site has had very little activity in the last year, in fact only a
dozen people have posted diary entries in that time.  Most of the
articles from the last year have been my Roundups or election related
(thanks to Tim for the single real exception).

I'm not sure keeping it just for the rankings/voters functionality alone
is sufficient reason.  The fact is that it doesn't really function for
this purpose either if no one is visiting the site regularly.

Ken