[squeak-dev] Reformat method on accept

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 14 23:52:06 UTC 2008

On 2008 October 13, Mark Volkmann wrote:
> On Oct 13, 2008, at 1:14 PM, Udo Schneider wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think I'm simply to confused to find it .... but how do I tell
> > Squeak to do a pretty print automatically when I save a method? I
> > think I remember such a setting but can't find it anymore.
>
> Speaking of reformatting, do Smalltalkers generally like the way
> Squeak formats code?

FWIW - I am fairly new, trying to do first more significant project, and I do
not like auto formatting at all. I am using mostly RB in 3.9, but sometimes
also other browsers, I would love to find a way to switch off
auto-reformatting completely, everywhere. I strongly dislike any tool doing
things to my code by default, on top, on several ocassions, I would swear
comments were removed by auto-formatter, but  did not have enough time to
stop and investigate...

Milan