[squeak-dev] Squeaksource weirdness

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 09:10:41 UTC 2008

2008/10/15 Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de>:
> Hi -
>
> Not sure where to send this to but there is an interesting buglet in
> Squeaksource (at least from the user POV). Try this:
> * Go to squeaksource.com
> * Click on projects, search for "ldap" (this lists 2 projects)
> * Click on "Monticello cURL"
> * Click on Versions
> Notice how the list of versions is empty and how the search term is still
> being set to "ldap". This can be quite confusing since that search term
> really shouldn't transfer from the project search to the search within a
> project. It gets even more confusing if the project has some versions that
> actually do match the search terms ;-)

The described behavior is the intended behavior. It was specifically
changed to behave this way. Some people like it, others don't. I'm in
the later crowd.

The problem is that there is one search functionality for two
different kinds of searches. If you search for projects (like you did)
you don't want the behavior. If you search for versions, then you want
it.

Cheers
Philippe