[squeak-dev] [ANN] Monticello 2.0.25

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Thu Oct 16 14:59:47 UTC 2008

On 16-Oct-08, at 3:54 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Yet another question: When I load a version from a repository, why
> isn't it added to the slices of the current project?

Good question.

MC2 makes a distinction between versioning Smalltalk code and
versioning Monticello projects. Loading a snapshot of Smalltalk code
doesn't alter the Project - that's a separate operation. Loading a
snapshot of your project (using a project config slice) affects the
project but not the Smalltalk code in the image.

Does that make sense?

Colin