[squeak-dev] Re: leadership team meeting notes for 2008-10-15

Markus Fritsche fritsche.markus at gmx.net
Fri Oct 17 21:47:47 UTC 2008

Craig Latta schrieb:

> -    Yoshiki says he's created an EToys 4.0 image, based on Squeak 3.8,
>      which is license-clean. We decided to use a similar process to
>      create Squeak 4 from Squeak 3.11 (and whatever other license-clean
>      changes the 3.11 release team wants to include). Yoshiki will
>      consult with them about ensuring license-cleanliness. Randal will
>      coordinate with the release team and report on their progress.
>
> -    We decided in principle to have two board-appointed release teams
>      working at any given moment: one producing the next release (I'll
>      call it "one-ahead"), and one producing the release after that
>      ("two-ahead"). We decided that Spoon is the two-ahead release now,
>      or Squeak 5. Craig is leading the two-ahead team, and will add
>      people to it when Naiad can support their work.

Okay, I'm taking the bad guy here now.

Naiad/ Spoon is released... when? Where? How?

http://netjam.org/versions/ is pointing to somthing not to be used since
"it's ready!".

Don't get me wrong, but release early, release often makes more sense -

it's a PITA but those

PITAs

tell you where your misunderstandings are - even if them who are raising
"the issues" don't have any idea - they are the ones who initially look
for the language itself.