[squeak-dev] iphone source code updates & a note about multi-touch

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Oct 17 21:34:20 UTC 2008

I've created
http://www.squeaksource.com/iPhone.html

To hold the change to the image for complex event data, (touch,
acceleration, and location). This also contains the overrides for
VMMaker to enable us to build a VM that supplies complex event types
and deals with the proposed mmap changes for faster image reading
(especially on the iPhone).

http://www.squeaksource.com/ObjectiveCBridge2.html

As mentioned contains the source code for yet another Objective-C
bridge and was updated.

Now before anyone asks those new powerbooks with multi-touch events
are *not* supported yet. I've not even seen the SDK changes from Apple
yet that explain how you get the event data from Objective-C into your
application.

Plus I am still working on the basic infrastructure for the Objective-
C based VM (I am also looking for funding to help expedite that effort).

So we are maybe months away from being able to deal with multi-touch
events on os-x using those new powerbooks.
--
=
=