[squeak-dev] Smalltallk Superpowers and BOF videos

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Thu Oct 23 16:13:33 UTC 2008

Hi folks!

Ok, the original movies are available here as torrents:

	http://goran.krampe.se/oopsla2008

For information on what is on them, see my blog:

	http://goran.krampe.se/blog

...but ok, here you have a summary:

The super*-movies are the movies from the Smalltalk Superpowers
workshop. This is about 3 hours total split up in 5 pieces.

seaside.avi is the tape from the Seaside BOF. It is mainly a demo of
Webvelocity from Cincom (Seaside based) followed by explanations and
discussion from Cincom and Gemstone people regarding what they are doing
in the Seaside area.

dave.avi is the first tape from the Squeak BOF. It's Dave Ungar
presenting work on a Squeak VM adapted to run on the Tile64 64-core
processor from tilera.com. It is VERY interesting. :) I didn't catch
all, had to switch tapes - but most of it I think.

jecel.avi is the second tape from the Squeak BOF. Jecel talks about CPU
history in general and Smalltalk CPU history more specifically. He also
presents some of his own work and some about the latest projects. I
found it very interesting.

My own smaller presentation of Blackfoot was not taped but I will post
something about it on my blog soon. :)

regards, Göran

PS. If you for some reason have issues with the torrents, mail me and I
can give you a URL for a direct link. I just don't want to sink my
server - but perhaps everyone already knows the direct URLs... :)