[squeak-dev] Community Server Report

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 22:46:35 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 8:07 AM, Ken Causey <ken at kencausey.com> wrote:

> Cross your fingers, with luck we should be good now.
>
> Hopefully this takes care of us for a while.  But I think there are some
> things we can learn from this event and I believe some changes need to
> be made to how we manage the server.  I'm not sure what to do right now.
>  But I'm thinking about it and sometime soon I would like to start a
> discussion of the future of the server.

Many thanks to all that got things running again!

May I recommend that we host the mailing list on another machine than our
main server? A cheap VPS server would manage this fine. Most services we can
afford to lose for a while, but it was a bit unnerving not being able to see
what was happening.

Gulik.

--
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/mikevdg