[squeak-dev] Avoiding the VM-Quit Dialog under Windows

Jens Moenig jens at moenig.org
Fri Oct 24 11:02:10 UTC 2008

Thanks, Bert.

I just checked the latest Etoys version, and indeed found the code I was
expecting in the image. Problem is, it doesn't ever get triggered under
Windows. I tracked it back all the way down to the #primGetNextEvent: method
in class EventSensor, and it just seems that a "type 5" (EventTypeWindow)
event never gets signalled/polled. So, instead there's the VM-quit dialog
again... :-(

I used the Etoys VM that was bundled with the download from SqueakLand (BTW,
I had to rename the installer to *.exe, it didn't have a suffix to it, but
then it worked beautifully and flawlessly).

Hey, that makes me remember: The Plopp VM apparently resolves the VM-quit
dialog issue. Do you remember if you did anything special to it or is there
some hidden aspect of the Win32 VM I'm unaware of?

Thanks!
-Jens