[squeak-dev] Avoiding the VM-Quit Dialog under Windows

Jens Moenig jens at moenig.org
Fri Oct 24 12:59:27 UTC 2008

Yes, Michael, I already know that much. But this setting just *disables*
Alt-F4 as well as the close button. It does not, however, notify my image of
any VM-WindowEvents, or does it?

What I want to accomplish is this:

Whenever the user presses the VM's close button I want to be receiving some
kind of #windowClose event, which my application can react to. I've seen all
the necessary code in the new Etoys image, and I've read about these events
in a post by Ian Piumarta (from last year, I think) in the Linux-VM. So, I
guess my question is: Does the current (or newest) Win32-VM support these
WindowEvents at all, because to me it doesn't seem so? (but it would be
sooooo useful!)

-Jens