[squeak-dev] running headless

Mark Volkmann mark at ociweb.com
Sat Oct 25 15:53:04 UTC 2008

On Oct 25, 2008, at 4:07 AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Am 25.10.2008 um 02:39 schrieb Mark Volkmann:
>
>> It seems like with -headless it should always exit when it reaches
>> the end of the script.
>
> As was mentioned before the mechanism you are (ab-)using was never
> meant to run unixy scripts.

I'm curious. Is there a technical reason why this is the case? I'll
bet there are lots of people who prefer Smalltalk syntax to ... say
Ruby syntax (my second favorite language). They would probably love to
be able to use Smalltalk for unixy types of scripts. Ruby and JRuby
have to start a VM just like Squeak does so it seems like Squeak could
be a suitable replacement.

---
Mark Volkmann