[squeak-dev] Re: Bug with valueWithReceiver:arguments:

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Oct 27 05:45:20 UTC 2008

Er, my only comment on this is that although
in C it's defined as

sqInt success(sqInt);

but it's written as
success: successValue
	successFlag := successValue & successFlag.

which resolves as
sqInt success(sqInt successValue) {
register struct foo * foo = &fum;
	foo->successFlag = successValue && foo->successFlag;
}
or
sqInt success(sqInt successValue) {
	foo->successFlag = successValue && foo->successFlag;
}
or
sqInt success(sqInt successValue) {
	successFlag = successValue && successFlag;
}

so what does
  [ ... ^ self success: true]
actually return?