[squeak-dev] iPhone 1.07

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Oct 28 00:08:35 UTC 2008

I've push out an iPhone 1.07 VM.   http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html

This VM uses the latest core Pharo image.

The VM has a number of changes to enable C data structure support and
code examples for
putting up a UITextEdit and UITextView for single and multiple line
textual input, along with
the ability to execute objective-c methods on the main thread versus
the squeak thread.
There is of course a new ObjectiveCPlugin for os-x users.

For developers the key to getting a UITextEdit field to work is that
you *must* create the UITextEdit
thread on the main thread, otherwise if you create the object on the
squeak thread, then attempt to
use it for textual input on the main thread as per recommendations it
deadlocks on a semaphore when it
decides that the two process threads are different.

Still to do is finishing the Keyboard entry logic, (oh I'm sure just a
few minutes should do it...). Then
I'll see if I can get a Menu control example working

I've not included the VNC logic since I don't know if anyone uses it,
or if it can be integrated into the
Pharo image at this time, however I suspect someone will let me know.

--
=
=