[squeak-dev] releasing apps.

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Oct 28 16:28:55 UTC 2008

On 27.10.2008, at 07:43, Mark Volkmann wrote:

> For those of you that write non-web-based Smalltalk applications for
> users that aren't comfortable working in a Smalltalk environment,
> how do you typically package them up for your users? Are you able to
> provide them with a desktop icon that they can double-click to start
> the application? If so, can you point me to some documentation on
> how to do that?

Best is probably to look at some examples. The common way nowadays is
to put the VMs and image into a directory structure that impara
developed for deploying Plopp (planet-plopp.de). This can also be seen
in action in Sophie (opensophie.org), Seaside (seaside.st) and Qwaq
Forums (qwaq.com).

- Bert -