[squeak-dev] iPhone 1.07

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Oct 29 17:06:56 UTC 2008

Ok, well it's not quite that simple because the os-x application
launcher toss open document requests to the running process that
claims it can handle *.image files.  The current production Squeak
does not allow you to open multiple windows, where each window
is a threaded interpreter, so it launches yet another process using
the current binary.  You could have a front end app that launches a
squeak process on each document open but technically that is what I do
today anyway so adding more complexity gains what?

With lots of $ one could change things to allow one window per image,
got funding? Noting most of the components are there
Hydra, Areithfa Ffenestri, etc. However since you can't interact with
the GUI or quicktime from a background thread that makes the task
even more tricky, since now you need to pass draw events to the main
thread and invoke FFI on the main thread and hope for the best.

--
=
=