[squeak-dev] picking a Squeak VM on Mac OS X

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Oct 30 08:41:33 UTC 2008

It's an os-x issue.
When you multiple applications that claim to open a particular file
type (like an image file)
then Launch services uses  the CFBundleVersion in the applications
info.plist to determine which version of app  to use

	<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
	<string>3.8.19b1</string>

http://www.dribin.org/dave/blog/archives/2006/08/02/versioning_os_x_apps/

Now on my machine, when I pick an image and control click and select
open with....
I get a list of oh mmm 100 or so, but the very first one says
(default) Squeak 3.8.19b1
Well which means Launch Services is happy (at least for me).

Now what you could try is duplicating the VM, see if that changes what
it thinks it should be doing.
Also you can follow the information at
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20031215144430486
to rebuild your launch services database and see what happens

--
=
=