[squeak-dev] Anyone have any processors in Smalltalk or a formal semantics?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 01:15:24 UTC 2008

Hi All,
    I wonder if anyone has any 32-bit processor implementations, either in
Smalltalk or in some other, preferrably easy-to-parse, formal semantics.  In
implementing the new JIT VM I would like to continue developing in Smalltalk
using VMMaker/Slang, but this implies having a processor simulation in
Smalltalk to produce actual machine code for.  Ideally this would be an x86
of some description (doesn't need to be bang up to date, 386 would be fine).
 I'd also welcome an ARM.

TIA