[squeak-dev] Date for Squeak BoF at OOPSLA?

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Wed Sep 10 18:00:10 UTC 2008

Sam Adams wrote:

> Dave Ungar and I are planning to attend the Squeak BoF and demo our current multicore VM work.

Wow, that is great to know!

> Does anyone have an idea what day it will be?

I was discussing this with Göran. Traditionally the date gets decided on
only in the week before the event, but I am trying to include a detour
to Nashville in a trip I will be taking and would really need to know
this now.

Fortunately there is another tradition that in the end almost always the
date that gets picked is Tuesday night, so for now I am supposing that
this will be the case for this year as well. Wednesday and Thursday
include official events at night and so aren't a good option. Monday
includes two interesting events all day (the Lisp 50th anniversary
celebration and the "Smalltalk Superpowers" workshop, unfortunately they
are simultaneous) but all official activities end at 5pm.

-- Jecel