[squeak-dev] Looking for HostWindowPlugin usage code

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Sep 14 17:39:30 UTC 2008

The deal with tweak was that when we looked at it four years ago when
Tim and I were building Areithfa Ffenestri.
We found that it used instance variables to hold onto the Display and
the Sensor.
Lurking somewhere is a change set that ensured a new Window was setup
with Areithfa Ffenestri and hooked into the
newly created Tweak World, then the EventSensor polling loop would
dispatch the incoming event to the proper Tweak World based on the
window index that
is on each event (if the VM supports it).

Thus Tweak would poll it's instance based event queue, and dispatch
incoming events, and when drawing was required it would resolve
drawing to the instance variable
that pointed to the proper window index, thus allowing drawing in
individual windows based on the the Tweak World.

However I think Michael has build more on this model for iSqueak

--
=
=