[squeak-dev] Re: unix 3.10-1 VM scrambles #PageUp #PageDown #End keys

nicolas cellier ncellier at ifrance.com
Fri Sep 19 23:09:52 UTC 2008

Yoshiki Ohshima a écrit :
>> Hmm, my #home key did work as expected before change.
>> I would have guessed the last 1 would map to another key (which one?).
>> No matter, thanks again!
>
>   I'm still confused about what is XK_Home in keysymdef.h.  Do you
> know what key is supposed to generate the code?
>
> -- Yoshiki

locate keysymdef.h
gvim /usr/include/X11/keysymdef.h
/XK_Home

#define XK_Home      0xff50
#define XK_Left      0xff51  /* Move left, left arrow */
#define XK_Up        0xff52  /* Move up, up arrow */
#define XK_Right     0xff53  /* Move right, right arrow */
#define XK_Down      0xff54  /* Move down, down arrow */
#define XK_Prior     0xff55  /* Prior, previous */
#define XK_Page_Up   0xff55
#define XK_Next      0xff56  /* Next */
#define XK_Page_Down 0xff56
#define XK_End       0xff57  /* EOL */
#define XK_Begin     0xff58  /* BOL */

:1
/* $Xorg: keysymdef.h,v 1.4 2001/02/09 02:03:23 $ */

Well, I always used the Home key with BOL semantics, did not know that
could be two different things...

On my keyboard the key just has an arrow pointing to upper left, and it
must correspond to XK_Home, otherwise it would not have worked in 3.10-1
VM before patch...
And I am quite sure I remember 'Home' was written on this key on
equivalent English keyboard (did not touch one for years now).

There must have been some keyboards with the two different keys...
Most keyboard I know just have the #Home one,.
And indeed my keyboard does not seem to generate any XK_Begin...
It seems like yours does.

Logical conclusion would be that both leading 1 and final 1 are
necessary, and your patch is perfect in this case.

Cheers

Nicolas