[squeak-dev] Re: Interesting news re Dolphin ST

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Fri Sep 26 06:35:14 UTC 2008

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 21:15:18 +0200, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> 2008/9/25 Chris Kassopulo :
>>
>> http://www.lesser-software.com/en/content/products/lswvst/lswvst.htm
>>

> It would be nice to look at it (LSWV).
> So many cool features. Too bad its proprietary. :(

What would be the propriety portion of Frank's Smalltalk and its
combination with C#, C++, C, Prolog and Java for .NET MS-Windows,
Unix-Systems and embedded systems?

I talked with Frank at some Smalltalk happening recently, he conducts a
business model with paying customers, who could be very "nervous" if
suddenly his Smalltalk would be available for free.

In comparision, Squeak has quite the opposite business model (no offense).

You managers (and wanna-be managers) step forward, any ideas for how the
larger part of Smalltalk community could benefit?

/Klaus