[squeak-dev] [Question] How do I use the OmniBrowser?

hh2 at lexdb.net hh2 at lexdb.net
Tue Sep 30 09:29:14 UTC 2008

Damien Cassou <damien.cassou at gmail.com> hat am 25. September 2008 um 11:14
geschrieben:

> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 10:05 AM, hh2 at lexdb.net <hh2 at lexdb.net> wrote:
> > OmniBrowser (OmniBrowser-Full version 0.24) works now in my 3.10.2 image as
> > you describe. There is a version 0.25 in the Package Universe of 3.10 but I
> > went for 0.24 as you recommended.
>
> You could have used the dev images which already included the latest
> OB version: http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev.html
>
> --
> Damien Cassou

Thank you, Damien,  for your hint. But I prefer loading only a few packages
through the package Universe.

DEVELOPER IMAGES
You load quite a number of packages into the dev images as you write in
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-September/131354.html
(list of installed packages in the dev images)

But you write that you do not run the tests in the images
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-September/131371.html

I appreciate the work you are doing (keeping track of interesting packages to
load, know where to get them from, communicate with package developers) but the
work is not complete.
My understanding of a distribution is that the burden of the _tests_ is not put
onto the consumer.

However what I am interested in are the "loading scripts" to avoid having to
click around in the UniverseBrowser. This means having a kind of loading script
I can adapt to my needs.

TESTS

Here the test results I obtained:

Squeak 3.10.2 (pristine image, out of the box)

2255 run, 2250 passes, 2 failures, 3 errors

The errors and failures originate from the two following TestCases

DebuggerUnwindBug (in category Tools-Debugger-Tests)
StringSocketTestCase (in category Nebraska-Network-Objects; 3 tests in the
TestCase; on repetion any number of passes between 0 and 3 is possible; doesn't
seem to be a good test)

Squeak 3.10.2 (with OmniBrowser, Seaside and TinyWiki installed)

Installed versions through Package Universe
* OmniBrowser Full version 0.24
* Seaside 2.8.2.563
* TinyWiki version 1.0.1

2440 tests,   2428 passes  , 9 failures and 3 errors

So not having too many packages keeps the whole thing manageable from the
testing side.

Kind regards

Hannes Hirzel