[squeak-dev] Cuis updated to #0176

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 01:44:05 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 08 April 2009 10:49:19 pm Juan Vuletich wrote:
> I don't think that SARInstaller is essential. I think it is an optional
> package.
This is true in theory but not workable in practice. Cuis plans to remain slim
and depends on external packages to grow, it needs to have *a* package
loader. Supporting SARInstaller may look like extra effort, but the
alternative is for the image to support *any* package loader. This will open
a can of worms as users try to track dependencies across packages loaded by
different loaders.

Please reconsider .. Subbu