[squeak-dev] macintosh carbon VM 4.0.1b1U

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Apr 9 22:00:23 UTC 2009

I've pushed out a 4.0.1b1U macintosh carbon VM that is Closure
compiler aware with Alien Support.

It can be found via
http://smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html

I also reviewed updated, and added the majority of the plugins that
have built over the years to support the VM and Sophie
since the Pharo team is now using the extended clipboard plugin for
unicode aware clipboard logic and there has been confusing
about where the plugin is.

The ones I added are:

ClipboardExtendedPlugin.bundle		Extended clipboard support so you can
fetch anything from the mac os-x clipboard if you can interpreter the
bytes.
CurlPlugin.bundle					Curl Support
KedamaPlugin.bundle
KedamaPlugin2.bundle
OggPlugin.bundle					Ogg Support
RomePlugin.bundle
SerialExtendedUnixPlugin.bundle		Extended os-x serial port support
SparklePlugin.bundle					http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparkle_(software)

On the VM side  the changes are:

(a) Reference Mantis 0006987: signed32BitValueOf:, signed64BitValueOf:
etc. broken
However I had earlier patched that code base in the 3.8.21x series so
the issues involved have been fixed for some time.

(b) Updated SocketPlugin for IPv6 primitives.

(c) Reference Mantis 0007327: Bug in BitBlt: rgbMin and other set
alpha to 0

(d) Changes to how SqueakUnTrustedDirectory and SqueakTrustedDirectory
path names are resolved to support EToys On A Stick

--
=
=