[squeak-dev] Can you launch a squeak image on an etoys vm in Ubuntu?

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 12 22:14:31 UTC 2009

Hi all and especially Bert,

I am thinking about a work around to get sound going on my development images.

So far on Ubuntu I've found I can make launchers with commands

like

squeak -image MySqueak

and it will launch something other than the installed 3.9 image.

for etoys the installed launcher has
'/usr/bin/etoys'

as a command which runs the etoys shell script.

The shell script seems to recognize a -r alt.image option

but I have not been able to get it to work for me.

I've tried it both inside and outside the single quotes above.

What am I missing?