[squeak-dev] Can you launch a squeak image on an etoys vm in Ubuntu?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 22:27:57 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Jerome Peace
<peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi all and especially Bert,
>
> I am thinking about a work around to get sound going on my development
> images.
>
> So far on Ubuntu I've found I can make launchers with commands
>
> like
>
> squeak -image MySqueak

I don't know Etoys, but in Squeak I do something like this in ubuntu:

 /usr/local/bin/squeak
/home/mariano/squeak/imagenes/sq3.10.2-7179web09.02.3.image

And that works perfect.

You can also so something like:

#!/bin/sh
APP=`dirname $0`
EXE="$APP/Contents/Linux686"
RES="$APP/Contents/Resources"

exec "$EXE/squeak" -plugins "$EXE" \
    -encoding latin1 \
    -vm-display-X11 -swapbtn  \
    "$RES/pier.2.image"

I don't know If I understood ok your question.

Cheers,

Mariano