[squeak-dev] Closing window on Linux (was Re: Can you launch a squeak image on an etoys vm in Ubuntu?)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Apr 15 08:29:25 UTC 2009

On 14.04.2009, at 04:00, Chris Kassopulo wrote:

> The only problem encountered is that squeak does not respond to
> closing of its host window.  Etoys puts up a confirmation message box.
> I remember seeing something in the archives about fixes to the vm in
> how that is handled, but it also requires changes to the image.  Are
> those changes available?

Of course.

August 2007:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2007-August/119996.html

May 2008:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-May/129008.html

March 2009:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/beginners/2009-March/006014.html

I'm not sure if by now this has been fixed in a squeak.org release.

- Bert -