[squeak-dev] Pharo:: Re: Cuis update

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 23:28:23 UTC 2009

2009/4/15 Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org>:
> Lukas Renggli wrote:
>>
>> Does Seaside run on Cuis?
>>

> I don't know. I don't see why it would not run.
>
>> What about unicode
>
> Considered optional. Please read "About Cuis" in the Cuis image.

IMO, in 21st century unicode support is A MUST for any development
environment. Of course, if you consider Cuis as dev environment, not
as a toy.

>>  closures
>
> Not yet, but I'll address it if important.
>
>> method annotations, literal byte arrays support?
>>

> Never heard of those.
>>
>> Lukas

Certainly, i would not expect from Juan's project to have so much
features/goals, than Pharo have. Simply because its one man job. Still
i think Cuis is good showcase, but as Lukas mentioned it not offers
something new.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.