[squeak-dev] Re: Monticello design question

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 17 10:04:35 UTC 2009

> Yes, but I'm not sure it can be helped. My "real" problem is loading
> code in the face of namespaces and doing so without requiring syntax
> changes. This is trivial when you have structure; and pretty much
> impossible otherwise (or at least I haven't had a good idea for how to
> do it instead).
>

> Unfortunately, "or something" is not an option ;-)
I have been thinking for MC1.7(or something) that with SystemEditor we
can do away with the "Modelling" section of MC altogether. Since we load
a flat model of definitions into a structured model of SystemEditor, and
then ask SystemEditor to do the compiling etc. Why not just serialise
the SystemEditor out to disk as the binary file format in the first place.

Keith