[squeak-dev] Pharo:: Re: Cuis update

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 10:45:22 UTC 2009

well... maybe something like this is better:
1) From a pharo/squeak image, for each class we want to merge (ie. the morph
hierarchy)
1.a) for each method of that class
1.a.a) compare the method with the 3.7 version (asuming cuis started from
3.7) and cuis
1.a.b) if the are equal, continue
1.a.c) if they are different
1.a.c.a) if the one that changed is the pharo/squeak version, do nothing
1.a.c.b) if the one that changed is the cuis version, load it
1.a.c.c) if both changes, ask a human to merge them :-)
1.a.c) if the method is in pharo/squeak but not in cuis and does not have
senders in pharo/squeak, remove the method
1.a.d) if the class is in pharo/squeak but not in cuis and does not have
references, remove it
1.a.e) same thing with instance variables as with methods (this should be
done before of merging methods)

I did this once with VisualAge/Envy and worked pretty well... anyway, I'll
see if I can write something just to see how many differences are...

Hernan