[squeak-dev] Re: Pasting unicode (was Re: Pharo:: Re: Cuis update)

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Fri Apr 17 18:52:18 UTC 2009

Andreas Raab wrote:
> Michael Rueger wrote:
>> Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>>
>>> One of the problems, yes. But note your example only works because
>>> the Windows VM does paste unicode. On the Mac I get this:
Hi Andreas,

Is there some Windows VM parameter to get 8 bit clipboard data? For non
unicode-aware images like Cuis, or older Squeak releases, it would be
great to get ISO 8859-1 or MacRoman codes for chars above 128. For
example, if I enter á (a with acute accent) via keyboard, I get char
code 135 both on Win and Mac. If I paste the same from clipboard on Mac,
I get the same.

But on Windows I get 2 bytes, 195 and 161, and these non-unicode images
get confused.

I guess I could use an older VM, but I'd like to use the latest if possible.

Thanks,
Juan Vuletich